previous part 2 is here .
- Recently State Bank of India decided to set up wind power plants for its captive consumption at various SBI offices and branches in three states of India. What are those states?
Answer: The three states are Maharashtra, TamilNadu and Gujarat
- Which of the following company was the first private player in the field of Insurance Industry in India since 1999, when private players have been allowed to play in this field?
Answer: ICICI bank
- Which Indian Prime Minister translated the biography of Madam Curie?
Answer: Lal Bahadur Shastri
- Who is the first person to travel twice to space as a tourist?
Answer: Charles Simonyi
- Why was Hattargi in news recently?
Answer:Hattargi-Belgaum on 14th now it saw the launch of 300acre aerospace SEZ, one of its kind in India
- Name the player who ahs won the European footballer of the year Award. Also name the team he plays for at national level and club level?
Answer: Lionel Messi, club is Barcelona national team is Argentina
- Recently which state government has launched a new scheme AUZAR for Muslim girls? This scheme is the sub scheme of which flagship programme of that state government?
Answer: AUZAR scheme was launched by Bihar govt. It is a flagship scheme of HUNAR project.
- what is school wiki?
Answer: The IT @school program is launching school wiki on the lines of Wikipedia as a part of its attempt to foster a culture collaborative learning in Kerala's schools. School wiki will be in Malayalam and will be ready to launch in Jan 2010.
- Which three countries participated for the first time in Olympics 2008??
Answer: The Marshall Islands, Montenegro, Tuvalu
- Why was Kumi Naidoo in news recently?
Answer: he is the Chairman of the Global Campaign for Climate Action and Director of Greenpeace International. He is associated with climate change demonstration in Brussels.
- Who got Indira Gandhi peace prize this year and for what?
Answer: this year it was won by sheikh hasina (2009)
- .Who was the first woman diplomat of India?
Answer: CB Muthamma
- What is NEFT?
Answer: NATIONAL ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANSFER-facilitates individuals to electronically transfer funds from any bank branch to any other bank branch in the country. IT IS AN ONLINE SYSTEM.
- What amount has been allocated for the National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme in the Interim Budget 2009
Answer: Rs.30,100 crore
- What is RTGS??
Answer: REAL TIME GROSS SETTLEMENT. RTGS ia a fund transfer mechanism where transfer of money takes place on a real time and on gross basis. while NEFT settlement takes place 6 times a day during the week days (9.30 am,10.30 am, 12.00 noon. 1.00 pm, 3.00 pm and 4.00 pm) and 3 times during Saturdays (9.30 am, 10.30 am and 12.00 noon). Any transaction initiated after a designated settlement time would have to wait till the next designated settlement time but in RTGS, transactions are processed continuously throughout the RTGS business hours.
- SUNSET LEGISLATION IS RELATED TO WHICH TYPE OF BUDGET?
Answer: Related to finance bill,
- What is Nischay?
Answer: A project launched under NRHM where a pregnancy testing kit that is easy to use and freely available for village women through the familiar accredited ASHA or auxiliary nurse in rural areas.
- Which is the fourth country in the world to capture CO2 form atmosphere and store it deep underground
Answer: 1. Norway
- Who was the winner of first lokmanyatilak award and who has won it this time, in addition which trust gives this award
Answer: Editor-in-chief of The Hindu N. Ram has been conferred the second Lokmanya Tilak National Journalist Award by the Kesari Mahratta Trust.
The first Lokmanya Tilak award was bestowed on January 4, 2009 on Vir Sanghvi, Editorial Director of Hindustan Times,
- What is Sarswati Samman given for?
Answer: given every year for outstanding prose or poetry works. This year Lakshmi nandan bora has been conferred. he is famous assamese writer
- What is PETN
Answer: pentaerythritol trinitrate
the most common use of PETN is as an explosive. It is more sensitive to shock.
If you have studied chemistry in class 12 then there is a detail discussion on it.