previous part 1 is here .
- When was a referendum like vote held in India for the first and the only time?
In January 1967 the Central Govt held a special opinion poll in Goa asking people if they wanted to be part of Maharashtra State or wanted a separate state
- Which of the following is correct regarding "Zayadis" community?
- What was the theme of 15th ASEAN Summit underway at Hua Hin, Thailand?
The theme of the 15th AYDM is ASEAN Community Building through Youth Participation.
- Why was Reena Kaushal in news recently?
Renna Kaushal setup her base camp on Antarctica and become the first Indian woman to ski to South Pole.
- In which year the practice of presenting the railway budget separate from the general budget started in India?
- What are neutraceuticals?
Neutraceuticals, a term combining the words "nutrition" and "pharmaceutical," was originally defined by Dr. Stephen L. DeFelice to describe a nutritional product that claims to provide medicinal benefits in addition to their regular nutritional value.[courtesy :- Wikipedia ]
- Consider the following:
2. Judicial Review
4. Public Interest Litigation
Out of the above 4 , which are used to exercise judicial control over administration?
it is only judicial review and writs. Adjudication is related to administration and Public Interest Litigation is related to citizens.
- In which state of India kokbrok language is spoken?
kokbrok is spoken in the Indian state of Tripura and its neighboring areas of Bangladesh
- Tim Montgomery the record holder of 100 m belongs to which country & what is his record time?
Timothy Montgomery is former American athlete having void 100 m world record of 9.78 seconds.
- What was the Last Hindu Empire of India?
it was Hem Chander Vikramaditya also called HEMU VIKRAMADITY
- Who was the Last Mughal empire of India
Bahadur Shah Zafar II was the last emperor of Mughals.
- Which among the following is not an indicator of Human Development Index?
(A) National income
(B) life expectancy
(C) educational level
it is national income. Instead of national income ppp is taken into account.
- who is manikrao hodlya gavit?
Gavit Manikrao Hodlya is a member of the 15th Lok Sabha of India.
He is elected for the consecutive 9th time (7th-15th lok sabha) from the Nandurbar
Constituency during Indian general election, 2009.
He had been appointed as Protem Speaker of 15th Lok Sabha by President Pratibha
- What is COSATU?
the congress of South African trade union. It was launched in Dec 1985
- Who won Yale award?
Answer: Nandan Nilekani won Leadership award from Yale university
- Noble awards are not given in the fields of Computers and Math's. Which awards are considered as their equivalent ?
Answer: Turin Award for computer scienceFiled Medal for Maths
- what is the name of newly founded element of electronic number 112
Answer: Ununbium. Permanent name: Copernicium Found in 1996.
- Elinor Ostrom and Oliver Williamson won the Nobel Prize for Economics for their research in which field?
Answer: Elinor Ostrom-For the analysis of Economic governance especially commons
Oliver Williamson-For the analysis of Economic governance especially the boundaries of the firm
Which Indian Finance Minister has the privilege to present the budget on his birthday twice?
Answer: Morarji Desa
- Incredible India- Promotional film of Union Ministry of tourism received which award?
Answer: Grand Prix Award in Vienna ,World tourism award
- Who is the first player to win football worldcup as a player and as a coach?
Answer: Brazil's Mário Zagallo and West Germany's Franz Beckenbauer won as a player and a coach
- Which article deals with the procedure for amendment of the Indian Constitution?
Answer: Part XX,Article 368
- Name the french Anthropologist who died recently. He was pioneer in structural functionalism
Answer: Claude Lévi-Straus
- since 1st April, 2008, the pension contributions of Central Government employees are being covered by the New Pension System (NPS). Which among the following was the first public sector entity to join NPS?
(A)Bharat Gold Mines Ltd
(B)Hindustan Zinc Ltd
(C)National Aluminum Company
(D)Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd
(E)Indian Oil Corporation
Answer: National Aluminum Company(Nalco)
- Which treaty was signed to reduce the use of destructive gases for ozone in 1997?
Answer: Montreal protocol is for Ozone.